Friday, May 30, 2014

Good Enough To Eat: My New 'Pastry Chefs' Swatch Watch

Candy bracelets remind me of being a kid, being given a pound and sent off to the corner shop to see how much swag I could get for one hundred whole pennies. There's something extremeley playful and fun about them, as well as their colour palette being totally on-trend for this season's pastel love-in. When I saw this Swatch watch on display at London Fashion Week last season, it instantly put a smile on my face and left me dreaming of sweet things. Although I forgot about it, as soon as I stumbled upon the Swatch stand in Westfield London I knew I had to have it. Part of the delightfully yummy 'Pastry Chefs' collection, this 'Caramellissima' watch is possibly the best thing I've bought all year... (If not my life.) 


The watch is made up of two long 'sweetie' bracelets attached to the watch face, both of which can be individually twisted in two and worn as a statement wrist piece. The beads look identical to the sweetie versions - so much so that my best friend's three year old daughter tried to eat them! I love everything about this watch and how it makes me feel, how playful it is and how it works seamlessly with the pastel trend this summer. Although it doesn't go with everything, it's certainly a statement piece and a watch I can finally get excited about.

The feedback I've had posting this on Instagram or showing my friends has been amazing. Universal praise and admiration has come my way, as well as jealously, showing the power of the retro sweet. Although I expected this to cost a small fortune, at £38.00 it's actually really affordable! It's super comfy to wear and even comes in three sizes, so you can be assured to get the perfect fit. Every time I put it on I feel like a kid again, so I can't see me packing it away any time soon. Do you love my new watch as much as I do?


The 'Caramellissima' watch is available online priced £38.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment